Securing critical healthcare infrastructure
Healthcare organizations are continually facing evolving cyber threats that can put patient safety at risk. These networks are particularly vulnerable to cyber-attacks due to the amount of critical data stored in their systems.
ZKX is uniquely positioned to help healthcare organizations strengthen the security around their networks in a frictionless manner for administrators and users.
U.S. healthcare organizations are the most compromised by data breaches for the third year in a row.
Percentage of healthcare organizations reported that they were attacked with ransomware.
The number of U.S. Healthcare data breaches in the last 12 months.
The average number of U.S. Healthcare data breaches in the last 12 months.
Defending Critical Patient Data
Healthcare networks hold a particularly high attraction to cyber criminals due to the level of intelligence and monetary value of the data. Typical health records can contain the following:
- Protected health information (PHI)
- Financial information
- Social Security numbers
- Home address
- Legal information (power of attorney, health care proxy)
Data like this could be detrimental to a person should this information get into the wrong hands.
The Foundation for a Zero Trust Architecture
The Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) is a novel method of network construction designed to eliminate the overall concept of “trust” from the network. This is in stark contrast to the current model, where security is simply relegated to the network’s perimeter.
- ZKX was built to form the foundation of a Zero Trust Architecture by focusing on the two most critical pillars of the zero-trust model: authentication of the user and authentication of the device.
- ZKX is unique in that it authenticates the user and device simultaneously without storing or transmitting any secret information.
- ZKX supports dynamic policy enforcement, a requirement for actualizing a true ZTA.
Render Cyber Attacks Impossible
Once the driving factor behind data breaches goes away, the threat becomes irrelevant. With ZKX, no critical data is stored, thus rendering these threats irrelevant. If the malicious actors can’t gain access to information or money from selling the information, the driving factors are gone.
Most cyber-attacks on healthcare stem from Ransome wear. Rendering ransomware irrelevant is the key to mitigating these attacks. Once the financial benefit of these attacks is no longer in play, the threats should come to a halt.